St. Mary the Virgin Church, Fordingbridge is listed in the Doomsday book around 1086.
According to Wikipeedia – The Church was updated by the Normans around 1150 and would then have been an open space internally. The North Chapel and north and south aisles were added around 1230. Within another 100 years the clerestory had been added, the tower raised (in modern times housing 8 bells plus a Sanctus bell) and the North Chapel extended. The Chapel has a fine straight tie beam truss roof of chestnut that masquerades as a hammerbeam roof.
Externally the Church has changed little since the 16th century although originally the exterior flint work would have been plastered like one of its neighbours, St Mary, Breamore.
Its a beautiful church for a Hampshire Wedding – especially for winter weddings, where the interior is often lit just by candlelight alone.