Wedding Photojournalism Workshop with Kevin Mullins
NEW DATE: 6th July 2017 – Amersham, Bucks
8th February 2017 – Amersham, Bucks (sold out)
NEW DATE: 22nd June 2016 – Amersham, Bucks (sold out)
15th April 2016 ~ Amersham, Bucks (sold out)
12th February ~ Amersham, Bucks (sold out)
12th May ~ Malmesbury, Wiltshire (sold out)
20th July ~ Malmesbury, Wiltshire (sold out)
21st September ~ Malmesbury, Wiltshire (sold out)
More Wedding Photojournalism Workshop dates will be added throughout the year. Signup to the email bulletins on the right to get notifications.
Since 2008 Kevin has been shooting a style of wedding photography widely known as “wedding photojournalism” or “documentary wedding photography”. This Wedding Photojournalism Workshop will focus on shooting style, observation skills, gear and post processing.
This wedding photography workshop will concentrate on inspiration and stylistic choices, gear, shooting, the business side and inspiration.
The workshops I run are designed to give you the most information possible.
No hiding information and that’s the the reason most of my workshops are aimed at a very small amount of delegates. That way you will get all the advantages of working closely with the me.
I became one of the first Fujifilm official X-Photographers in the UK and have been shooting exclusively with the X-Series of cameras for three years. Although, of course, this workshop is open to photographers who shoot with any system.
This workshop is aimed at wedding photographers who want to explore the Wedding Photojournalism style of shooting. It’s also beneficial for photographers who want to hone their skills for the part of their day that they shoot candidly at the wedding.
All attendees on the Wedding Photojournalism Workshop will also be added to a special Facebook Group dedicated to helping you build a successful wedding photojournalism business.
- 09:30 – arrival, coffees and introduction
- 09:30 – 11:00 The business of wedding photojournalism: Concentrating on building a brand to attract the right clients, client acquisition and education. Gear and building a shooting style.
- 11:00-12:00 Let’s talk gear: We’ll discuss how I shoot, the configurations I use and why I use them. Lens choices, and the mechanisms I use for ensuring my wedding day runs smoothly.
- 12:00 – 13:00 Lunch (included)
- 13:00 – 15:00 Understand touch, emotion and capturing the candid moments without intervention or staging. Shooting the wedding. The do’s, the do nots and working through each stage of the wedding to capture the story telling images.
- 15:00 – 16:00 Critique, Q&A and Website Analysis (including SEO & Social Media advice).
- 16:00 – Debrief
Wedding Photojournalism Workshop Details
– Lunch and refreshments are provided and included in the price.
– Feel free to bring your cameras, though there is no practical element to this workshop.
– The location is my office at the amazing Amersham Studios in Buckinghamshire: Amersham Studios, Rear of 31, The Penningtons, Chestnut Lane, Amersham, HP6 6EJ which is a short distance from Amersham tube station.